Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Aaahhhh...Cleaning and Sharing feels so good

After I finished up the tooth pillows the other day, the need to straighten and purge my craft room came over me.  Well, in all honestly, it always does this time of year and I've already done the kids' rooms.  The holidays are so busy and fun and indulgent that the cold month of January when all the trees are bare and the flower beds are empty seems like such a good time to pare down and rid myself of all that clutter that I think I need but realize is just weighing me down.  Does anyone else ever feel that way?

With the kids, I make them look at every item they own, clothing, toys, books, etc and decide if they want to keep it or give it away.  We talk about sharing with others and how blessed we are while we do it.  I am always amazed at how giving and kind my children are when it comes to helping out other kids.  And if my kids can be so giving, why shouldn't I be as well?

So I'm sorting and purging and ready to pass on the goodies I would like to share.  I'll be back in a day or so with a grab bag and I mean a FULL one of all kinds of goodies I'd like to share with one (or some) of you.  They say that one crafter's trash is another's treasure, after all.  And I promise, none of mine is trash, just goodies I've decided to pass on.  There'll be ribbons, scrapbook paper and embellishments, quilting magazines and books, fabric and whatever else jumps out at me. 

Wish me luck as I finish up sorting, remembering what I've got, and deciding what I'm ready to let go of!  And I'm hoping that my creativity will thrive in a cleaner, more organized environment because I've got all kinds of ideas floating around in my head just waiting to take shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!