|Why do they grow so fast???|
As I mentioned last week, I'm on a mission to empty my WIP baskets. In the last week, I've
- sewn straps on a dress for Emma.
- made a baby dress out of that poor excuse for a skirt
- hemmed and narrowed the shoulders on a cordoroy dress my Grandmother had made and never finished that fits me perfectly
- patched an old pair of Chris' jeans
- Sewn together a bodice and skirt on a dress I made 2 summers ago and never finished. I've just got to add in the zipper and bottom hem and it's wearable.
Finishing all of these projects feels good. I can now see the basket which is a huge improvement from this time last week. And I've kept my sewing room clean by picking up after myself each time I come in here. New leaf?? Maybe--I'm liking it. :)
What have we been doing outside of my sewing room?
- I've run a lot. I finished my 56 miles in June and am working on 50 miles in July.
- Chris is building the cutest little rocking chair! He's got it all apart now while he's finishing it but I can't wait to show you guys the finished chair. Here's a sneak peek from last week.
- Stayed inside A LOT--it's rained most of the last 4 days. Yep--4 days. Seriously, it rained for almost all of the daylight hours on Monday. My driveway was its own mudpit. I could have charged admission to some local rednecks for a fun afternoon.
- Oren got glasses. He looks so cute! He was having trouble seeing things clearly from far away. I'd asked him about 20 times, but I guess he didn't realize it until I was with him and could say I can read that--can you?
|I seriously just want to squeeze him every time he puts these on!! I love this little face!!!!|
- And I found this shirt for sale on GroopDealz...look familiar?? Sorry the pic is so small, the deal is expired so I can't get the pics to blow up any bigger. The front looks exactly like the shirt I made for Em!
And what do we have coming up?
- Possibly no fireworks because it is coming down here again... Seriously, like I just about jumped out of my skin the thunder crashed so loudly.
- A family reunion next week for my Grandparents` 60th wedding anniversary.
- Chris and I will be celebrating our 11th on the day of the party.
- My Dad will celebrate his 60th birthday the next day. (We're celebrating my Mom's parents...)
- We're taking the kids to St. Louis on the way to see a Cards game and visit the Arch.
- We're taking them to Mammoth Cave and Rock City on the way home.
Lots going on...as summer always goes. What are you up to today? Do you have big plans for the 4th (if you're American) and what projects are you working on??
Linked up with Cindy