Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Another Random kind of Day

It's Thursday again, and that means I've been saving a week's worth of random for you...  Here goes!
  • Why is bias binding called double fold when you only fold it once?  I get so confused when instructions call for single fold or double fold bias binding.  Especially because when you buy tape at the store--double fold is folded twice!
  • I'm putting the finishing touches on my project for Saturday's craft book blog hop.  Yes, the directions called for double-fold bias tape.  Yes, it did confuse me--again.

  • I am thisclose to finishing up my Wonky Pinwheels quilt.  It just needs another hour or so of hand-binding tonight.  I'm hoping to show it off here tomorrow.  I LOVE it.
  • I think I'm getting back into my school-year groove of getting stuff done during the day.  This surely means I'll get called to sub for the next 3-4 Tuesdays and Thursdays. 
  • I've been working really hard to make smart food choices and get myself healthy for real this fall.  But then I saw these and I want them bad!!
  • I mean seriously--are you wiping drool right now, because I am.  
  • I've got like 6 projects lined up to finish/start when I finish what I'm working on now.  I hate having this many projects going at once.  I feel tied down.  I want to rebel and forget about them all.
  • That's probably how I got so many in the first place...
  • Halloween is around the corner.  I miss making costumes for the kiddos, but I am secretly a little happy to just buy something and have more sewing time for me.
  • But that means Christmas is around the corner too and I haven't even thought of making gifts yet.  I actually know what I'm making for my Dad--I just have to get around to making it.
  • I can't believe I just mentioned Christmas.  Not only is it almost 90 degrees outside but I'm not even ready to think about it yet!
  • Ok--back to the grindstone before I go pick up the kids from school.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring a Finish it Up Friday post!!  
What are you thinking about on this random Thursday?  

Linked up with Cindy
Really Random

2 comments:

  1. Well, NOW I'm thinking about Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars!

    We're working on the November issue at work, so I get completely confused by the seasons. I read turkey recipes and think I need to be buying my Christmas gifts, and then I walk out and hit the 90-degree weather. It's confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thought process!! I also deeply love the love of those bars!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!