Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Work in Progress

We're home from the Bahamas and back to a normal swing.  Well, until school starts in 2 weeks and then we'll be back to that swing, but I'm enjoying every second of these last bits of summer!

Since it's been a long time since I blogged, it's been even longer since I showed a work in progress.  Today I'm in progress!  I've turned my machine back on in the last few days and I'm making things again.  :)

It's a good feeling.  It's a feeling I want to keep going and as school starts in 2 weeks, I'm hopeful that I can continue sewing now and making progress.

Today I'm doing some selfish sewing that's not really selfish at all.  My friend Jenny, the great pattern designer, has a new pattern for women's shorts with different waist- and hem-lengths and I volunteered to try it out.  So you see, while I am making something just for me, I'm really helping out a friend...  Really, I'm just the picture of kindness.

Emma and I ran by JoAnn's yesterday to look for fabric both for the shorts and for some skirts and maybe a new top for her for school.  And I found this great black and white cotton blend.  It's got a bit of stretch and a heavier weight so I'm hopeful the shorts will turn out looking tailored and fun.



I wanted some orange seersucker that would be perfect for summer days and Gator games, but their selections was miniscule.  I settled for some black that I intend to make into some shorts as well.

So, I'm ready to cut and after looking through the pattern directions, I'm hopeful to be modeling these for you tomorrow.

I've also got some bee blocks and some birthday party things I've made for my sweet nephew to show off soon.  And some Bahamas pictures.  Oh man, it was the best vacation ever!!!

What are you up to today?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait to see the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Mindy said, with the addition of looking forward to seeing some holiday photos!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!