Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sewing Along

As busy as this week's been, I've managed to get some sewing done in the evenings.  Wednesday evening I got an Itty Bitty Baby Dress from Rae's awesome tutorial done from picking a fabric to showing it off in about an hour including the time I put the kids to bed and walked out to the living room when I pinned things together to sit with Chris and my brother, Jay.  I thought it came out so cute!  I can't wait to give it to Oren's teacher.  It is so precious to think of a baby that small.  I barely remember my kids as babies some days.  And other days it seems like yesterday...  I really hope Tara likes it.



And then Thursday night once everyone who wasn't spending the night had gone and we'd all had naps and nibbled on leftovers I got out my fabric and pattern pieces for the Mad Men Sew along over at Presser Foot.  I chose a really cool denim-looking linen blend with a glitter sparkle to it for my muslin in the hopes that I'll get lucky on the first try and have a new top to wear.  I say top because after I'd chosen it from the dollar bins and waited in line, it wasn't enough fabric for what the pattern called for.  Oh well--I'm hoping the muslin will help with fitting the top, I'm pretty confident in the skirt, so...I just cut it as long as I had room for and if it turns out good, I'll hem it to a cute length for a top.  I've never done a sew-along before, so I'm trying to keep up. 

Also, I heard from my cousin who's due with her little boy any day now and they've finally chosen a name and nursery theme, so the only Black Friday shopping I did yesterday was for some fat quarters and fleece to whip him up a little quilt.  I won't see them until Christmas, so this one isn't a rush.  But with all the other ideas floating around in my head, I think I'll get to it pretty quick.  I've never quilted fleece...any suggestions or ideas??

And now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, we've begun the holiday season.  We went and saw a movie yesterday and once we got home, the kids and I have the house semi-decorated for Christmas.  We usually get 2 Christmas trees (live ones), so that will wait probably till this coming weekend, but most everything else is out.  Now we'll sit down and decide what we want to do for sure this month--Christmas concert at school, watching Christmas movies, having friends over for oysters and clam chowder, crafty projects, etc.  I love this time of the year because it is so family oriented.  It's a time when people want to be surrounded with people they care about and are usually just a little bit nicer to everyone.  Today I'm headed to a huge craft show with my sister.  I can't wait to see what's for sale and what ideas I can bring home...

So let the holiday season begin and I'll be right here, just sewing along...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!