Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Working through the night...

So as I’ve mentioned in the last few posts, life is crazy right now, but I have the distinct feeling that I’m just getting warmed up and as my kids grow, craziness may be our life for awhile.  Right now, I’m finishing up a baby quilt for a beautiful little girl.  A friend from high school has 2 little boys and just had a baby girl.  Some might call her crazy for having 3 under the age of 4, but she’s a great person and I know she’s a great Mama.  I couldn’t help but make her a special and very girly present for that sweet baby girl that’s sharing her house now! Here’s a sneak peek, but I should have finished pictures tomorrow..I’ve just got a little binding and a run through the washer and dryer to finish it up.

   And we all know that Thanksgiving is this week and then starts the rush to finish up Christmas gifts…  Is it okay to admit I haven’t even really started thinking about Christmas?  I hate how Thanksgiving often gets overlooked in the madness that can be the Christmas season and I just wanted to take a deep breath and enjoy all I have to be thankful for, which is so, so, very much, before I jump in the madness with both feet!

   As if Handmade Christmas giving wasn’t knocking at my door, I’ve also got an Itty, Bitty Baby dress from Rae in the works for one of Oren’s teachers at school.  She just had her FOURTH baby girl.  Can you imagine a house with 4 girls spread over 14 years??  Oren just adores Mrs. Tara, and I wanted to do something special for her.  So, she’s back from the 6 weeks of maternity she took with her sweet baby, but…better late than never, right?  Oh, and did I mention that I jumped in to the Mad Men Sew-Along over at Presser Foot.  I love Kelli and Rian’s blog and style.  I almost NEVER make anything for me, or finish it if I do start something, but I thought I could handle a sheath.  Plus, the dress is so super cute, how could I pass that up?  So, I’m linking up with them and will be trying to keep up!

   So, I see some late night sewing in my near future, because I don’t see how I’m going to get everything done between now and Christmas, but I can’t wait to try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!