Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The light is there....

For the last few weeks, I've felt I'm in a long tunnel and that light at the end...it's called summertime.  Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying every day, it's just that we've been so busy I haven't had time to do anything other than enjoy what I'm doing that second and then prepare for the next thing we've got to do.  Short rundown since my last post:

--6 teeball games in a week (including 3 on a Saturday).  We took home the 2nd place trophies.

--Some big decisions to consider about our future (nothing serious or life-changing, just one of those parts of life when stuff comes up you've got to think about, and I mean really talk it out and think about.)

--Playing hooky from school with 2 kiddos on a trip to the big city to buy birthday party goodies.

--2 days spent in the school Book Fair running the cash register.  I don't even want to say how much we spent on books.  And Emma's already read everything we bought at least once!  That girl is a reading speed demon!

--Water Day at school for my little guy.  They got a BIG waterslide and down we went!  It was so fun.  And yes, I went too.  Who wouldn't want to go down a big waterslide when you're at school??


--A finished ruffle tunic for a giveaway winner and a sewing fail on a baby skirt for a friend...

--A birthday party for my favorite girl who is having a birthday tomorrow.  We went with a Rainbow Fairy theme (from the Scholastic book series) and I've got plenty of pictures to show later this week.  Imagine 15 kids aged 4-10 all swimming in our pool at one time.  CRAZINESS!!


--A visit from Grammy, Pa, and Uncle Jay for said party.  Aunt Carrie & Uncle Serge and Grandma 'Lena were there too but they live here so they didn't spend the night...

--Another swimming party with 15 crazy teeballers at our house (2 days after the bday party.)

--Celebrating the freedoms of our country because of the sacrifices of so many brave men and women in our armed forces.

--Making my Silhouette earn it's keep printing and cutting multiple decorations for both parties!

  School lets out next Thursday.  Until then I've got birthday cupcakes to make, a hair appointment for my favorite girl (more on that later), a pre-k graduation, a 1st grade awards ceremony, 2 end-of-the-year parties, and lots and lots of smiles!

  I could go crazy with all I've got going on, but I'd rather enjoy it all and be glad with the life God blessed me with.  I am eternally grateful for all that He has given me and I couldn't ask for more.  My cup runneth over...

P.S.  As school winds down, I'll have more sewing time to show off some ideas I've got in the works.  I'll also give more details on Emma's party...I feel that I am finally reaching the end of my creative drought and can see the light ahead.  This girl is ready to get out into that light and start creating again!

P.P.S.  My beautiful sister Carrie started her own blog about her life including recipes, things she finds interesting and the journey she and her wonderful husband are on to become parents.  Check it out here!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!