Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Something New Comes this Way

I've been participating in the Something New Sampler Blog Hop put on by Amy at The Cute Life.  So far we've done a modern bagello, folding, turning scraps into fabric, reverse applique and sashiko.  And as of last night, I'm all caught up.  Of course today brings two more tutorials, but anyway...


It's been neat to learn new techniques and review old ones in a small one-block size.  I don't have to commit to anything big and the fun 7" x 14" block size is interesting.

So here are my blocks to date:
Bargello quilt block
folded technique quilt block
Scraptastic quilt block
Reverse Applique quilt block--don't have any idea why this one is vertical--I did them all the same...
Sashiko quilt block

Here's my sashiko stitching up close
And here are the blocks together so far--I quickly painted a black background around them to see  what I thought--I'm considering a black background for the quilt itself...


Up this week are both a trapunto-style block and cathedral windows, both of which I'm very interested to try out.  Both are new techniques to me.

There are prizes for those that make any of the blocks and turn them into anything--a quilt, pillow, bag, etc.  So, I encourage you to try out some of these blocks and learn something new.  New is always good.  ;)

I hope you are having a great Monday and I'll be back tomorrow to show off the cake I made for my brother's birthday...  yum!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!