My word for 2014?
Yep, I want to conquer those things holding me back. Here are a few ways I plan to use the word conquer in 2014.
- I want to conquer my old WIPS and UFOs sitting around my sewing room.
- I want to conquer the clutter in my home and life in general (and of course my sewing room where there is way too much clutter!!)
- I want to conquer my fears and doubts that hold me back from being all that I can be.
- I want to conquer new boundaries and accomplish more than ever before.
- I want to conquer my bad habits and fix them for good.
Lofty goals, I know, but there's no time like the present for change so I'm jumping in and making some changes starting today. And yes, I do set more concrete goals both for sewing and for life that I post to remind and inspire myself but those are measurable and concrete and most importantly personal to me and what I'm doing.
I've got a dG.s quilt top (from May, gasp!!!) all laid out and ready to piece tonight before I head to bed. One step at a time toward a healthier, braver and better me.
Do you make resolutions/goals? Do you choose one word to focus your energies for the year? What are yours? Or do you forget that old tradition and just hang loose?