So far this year I've seen a few friends post that they were participating in Rhonda's Finish-a-long. It's a link up party where you commit to finishing up a few WIPS during a quarter of the year and then at the end of that quarter you link up with your progress on these projects. There are even prizes for finishers! Wow! Just the kind of motivation I needed. But, I missed the first quarter, so when I saw it was time to link up for the second round, I jumped on it. I'd really like to empty out my WIP basket so I have no guilt when I want to start something new. Even if I just finish things to donate or give away...at this point, I just want them out of the basket, you know?
So, I'm linking up with 3 WIPs I'd like to finish up this quarter. I'd like to do a lot more than that, but considering my sewing progress lately, I don't want to jump the gun. ;) So, for this quarter here's what I'd like to finish:
1. My do.Good quilt from December (sigh)
2. My sister's Christmas present (again, sigh)
3. My Summer Sampler quilt-a-long from last summer (noticing a pattern of shame here...)
We need to include pictures of what we're working on, so Carrie (my sis)...stop reading here!
1. I'm in the middle of quilting my do.good quilt, so that should be done soon. I went with a meandering looping pattern in a soft pink. I debated about this for a few days because of the number of colors in the quilt, but there was so much pink, I just decided to go for it. I should finish this up today or tomorrow and start binding soon.
2. For Carrie's Christmas present, I asked her to pick out a fat quarter bundle she liked from FQS and I'd make her SOMETHING from that line. Well, she doesn't know, but I bought the whole bundle and am in the process of making her a quilt for her couch. They are still decorating their new home, and I wanted to make her something for her living room to provide comfort and love. I got about a quarter of the way through piecing this bad boy before I lost all interest in working on it...
3. My Summer Sampler is so close to being done. I've got 2 blocks left to make and then I'll need to piece them together, quilt it and bind it.
So, while 3 items might not seem like much, these are 3 projects that have been weighing on me and waiting to be finished. Wish me luck! And don't forget to head over and check out all of the others linking up. Let's encourage each other and get some finishes!!
p.s. I am having some serious issues with Blogger right now and how they take my pictures that I work to edit and make them look nice and then shrink them all up so they look like I'm using a crappy camera from 15 years ago. Anybody feel me on this one?