Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I can't believe I'm using this fabric...

A good friend of mine (who has very opposing taste in sports teams) asked me if I could make a bed caddy for her son for his upcoming birthday.  She laughed when she asked if using Seminole (Florida State University) fabric in my machine would cause it to blow up.  Chris and I are both graduates of the University of Florida (Go Gators!) and Florida State is one of our biggest rivals.  I told her I thought it would be fine this one time.  My brother went to Florida State and one year for Christmas I made him a raw-edge square in a square quilt using only garnet, gold and white fabrics in the quilt.  I told him I loved him and wanted him to have this special quilt in his school colors, but if he looked closely I never actually used FSU fabrics.


So, I broke down and bought some of the licensed fabric from JoAnn and am all set to get this bed caddy sewn up.  My friend said her son has bunk beds, but sleeps in the top bunk.  So, she wants a place where he can keep his bible and other things.  I did some research online and looked up other's ideas of a perfect bed caddy and I think I'm ready to start cutting.

Only problem is the kids have early release from school today, meaning I've got to pick them up at 11:45 and Oren's having his birthday pictures taken this afternoon at 4:30.  My big boy turns 5 in 2 weeks and this was the only day before that my photographer friend and I could get together.  So I may not get to cutting today, but I hope to have it done by the end of the week.  I'll post pictures when I get something accomplished with it!  ;)

Do you ever have a project you just want to get started on so you can get it done, but for some reason, it's just hard to get it going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!