- Agreed to begin subbing at the kids' school part-time. I subbed before I taught before I became a SAHM, so they've been after me to sub for sometime.
- Attended book club where a group of us have dinner once a month and somewhat discuss the book we read. We just started in February, so it's still new and exciting!
- Watched Emma play softball and do ballet all while fighting a 2-week cold. Not fun for either of us...
- Watched Oren learn all of the white belt stations at karate and receive another stripe on his belt. He's a long way from a new belt, but he's enjoying every minute of it.
- Bruised my ankle so bad by walking into the dishwasher I could hardly walk on it for 2 days. Grace may be Emma's middle name, but it sure isn't mine!
- Run a 5K for fun--no times, no paces, no obsessively looking at my Garmin--just me, my thoughts and a Gopher Tortoise out enjoying the sun.
- Struggled through helping Oren with a migraine and then later in the week 4 days of the croup. I haven't had a good night's sleep in 4 days...I'm looking rough.
- Went on a field trip to a local dairy with Emma. I've visited more than one dairy growing up in 4-H, and majoring in ag. This was by far the best trip I've ever had. They're learning about the anaerobic digestion of cow manure to produce methane gas that's used to power the dairy. Seriously. She's in 3rd grade. It was awesome!
|See her marking--it's a heart! This little calf is only a few days old!|
- Filled out my NCAA Brackets and am getting worked by Chris and am one point down to Emma. Really--she had Florida Gulf Coast making it to the Sweet Sixteen. But--my smart girl has Florida beating them. Go Gators!
- Unloaded enough snacks to feed the entire elementary school a drink and a snack for every day of their upcoming standardized testing. Oh, the glorious job of a PTO co-chair.
- Chaperoned the prom!
- Spent the day shopping and eating with my sister for upcoming birthday.
- Dyed my sister's hair red for her upcoming birthday. It looks awesome!!
- Sat in a steamy bathroom multiple times with Oren trying to fight this awful cold/croup.
- Made chili, smores bars and a classic buttermilk snack cake with chocolate caramel glaze. I like comfort food when I or someone else in the house is sick apparently.
- Worked on my "Starry Night Sky" block for the Rad Empower Group of do.Good Stitches. I'm halfway there...
- Layed out my Wonky Pinwheels d.Gs quilt only to realize that 4 of the blocks were sewn together wrong (I almost did it with one of mine) so I've had to stop and take them apart and sew them back together before I can get the top ready. I've fixed two...
- Started spring break with not one but two sickies and cold weather! NOT COOL!
- Hugged, laughed, loved, and thanked God for my little family.
- Read, read, and read some more. Oren and I are reading the same books (I love juvenile fiction and both of my kids are reading fiends) so I have to read a lot to stay ahead of him!! ;)
- Planned my new summer wardrobe of skirts and dresses sewn by me.
- Not even thought of actually making said wardrobe.
Bored you enough with this long list.
In short--I'm here, I'm living life and I'm trying to find my way back to this little spot. Bear with me. I'll be back soon. :)