Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Home Again, Home Again


Hey y'all!  Well, I'm back from a week-long trip to visit my Grandparents for Christmas.  Sorry for the posting break, but I was busy packing and sewing up until the night before we left and I don't even have cell service up there, much less an internet connection or computer to edit pictures on. 




We had many crashes, snow facials and a ton of fun!!

We had a great time.  It snowed maybe 5 inches, just enough for plenty of snowballs and sledding.  The kids were thrilled.  They are at such a fun age.  They have memories of last year but are so open to making new ones.  And, just to brag on them for a minute...it's a 15-16 hour car trip one way (spread over 2 days), so we basically spent 4 days in the car this last week.  They did not fight, whine, or in any way make us want to pull the car over during those 4 days!  They watched movies, read and colored, napped, and talked to each other and to us.  I LOVE those 2 so much!!!

On a sad note, I believe my sewing machine has died again...Chris is very sad he bought this machine for me because of all the problems I've had with it, but honestly, I'm not.  Don't get me wrong, I HATE when it does this to me and I'm stuck in limbo not being able to sew, but I have improved my skills so much and made so many great things in the 2 years I've had this machine that I'm not sad to have it.  Chris wants me to go to the Viking dealer in town (and by in town, I mean the big city 30 minutes away) and buy whatever I want and ask for a payment plan, but I don't know.  I feel like I should just get mine fixed and keep plugging on.  Either way, I feel I should get it fixed so I can at least sell it...although I don't know who would want to buy a machine that breaks down every few months.  It's a Singer Futura 250 and, honestly, I've had all the problems that other owners have had.  My bobbin casing jumps out a bunch...usually I can just calm down from the heart attack it gives me when it makes an awful grinding sound and almost breaks the plastic opening as it tries to literally jump out of the machine and turn it off, take off the throat plate and clean it well.  Then I give it a few minutes and I'm back in business...but the week before Christmas was a lot more waiting and hoping it would work then usual.  And then finally, the day before we left, I was finishing up that baby quilt for my cousin...and not only did I still have the jumping problem, but even after I fixed that...now my top thread won't pick up my bobbin thread to make a stitch.  It seems like it is, but nothing is holding together.  It's like sewing with an empty bobbin!!!!  I've never even heard of this and I'm not sure where to go from here.  So...there is no sewing on my horizon and I've got a ton of ideas floating around in my head.  Better start writing them down so I can blaze on in the new year.

  
My sister, Carrie, and Emma wiped out good this time.  Emma looked like the abominable snowman!  HILARIOUS after she stopped crying!!

But, I've got a few days before the kids go back to school and plenty of new games to play with them.  So, I'm off to play with my children while they're still young enough to want to play with me.   We've got Connect 4, Kerplunk (Toy Story Style), a science kit, guns and swords, rock star music and a toy microphone to jam with and even Sorry Sliders which is a lot like hand-held Shuffleboard!!  I'll be busy, but I'll be back soon with some ideas that don't involve me sewing anything (at least for a little while!)



Poor boy, his pants kept falling off that last day...needless to say, he went back in first!

Chris and I together on the little disc sled!
My cousin, Jill, and Oren getting a little snow in the face!

This is the day before we left and it's my Mom and Emma.  Look at her joy!!

This is the creek beside the house.  I love it there so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!