Then this afternoon, I managed to finish 4 of the 10 stockings I'm working on. I say managed because I had the biggest brain cramp about the finishing step. I'm basically just making these up as I go along since stockings aren't too difficult and I wanted to use a little bit from this design and a little bit from that one. So I was trying to attach the lining to the outer shell and I know that I should tuck the outer shell into the lining and sew it up along the top, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to make it come out right. I'm talking racking my brain for an hour and trying other techniques before it hits me...FINALLY the light comes on, and I realize that I just need to pull the outer shell through the hole I've left in the bottom of the lining piece after it's sewn together. I mean, really...that's what I set out to do originally and somehow got sidetracked for an hour. Chris is just staring blankly at me when I'm trying to explain what I'm doing and says "You just said inside out and right side in so many times I'm completely lost!" So much for help from the logical one in this partnership!
|Garrett loves cowboys and old westerns and although I didn't have this fabric with my Christmas fabrics, I suggested it and his Mom agreed right away.|