Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fall Inspiration

  Yay for September!  Fall is near.  Of course, here in FL, fall is often a small window when we crazy heat-lovers get to imagine what it must be like to live in the rest of the country with chilly temps at night, less-than-steaming temps during the day and a very brief view at fall colors on our few trees that shed leaves.  Short as it may be, we love it around here!

  Fall means FOOTBALL!!  It means bonfires, long-sleeved tee-shirts, oysters roasted on said fire, get-togethers with friends, fall carnivals, Halloween, Thanksgiving and yummy treats and smells involving apples, pumpkin and lots of cinnamon!

  It also means a shift in creative endeavors for me.  I sew less clothing and more quilts.  I get out my knitting needles and (this year) my embroidery basket.  I think more about my home and keeping it cozy.

  Rachel over at Stitched in Color set up a new Celebrate Color event all about fall colors and the projects that go along with them.  Guest bloggers and those that link up will be talking about their favorite fall projects, showing off projects they've made recently and enjoying other's beautiful works as well.  There will be inspirational posts, tutorials, contests and even prizes!


  Although I'm by nature a bright and lovely kind of girl when it comes to colors, meaning I gravitate toward sunny aquas, yellows, pinks and oranges, fall is my favorite season and I love the rich colors associated with it.  Besides, no one says fall has to be dark--just rich.  Look at all of the colors of thread Rachel included in her button above.  Pops of bright color add a lot to a darker palette.

  To get me (and y'all) in the mood for fall, I'll be posting some inpsirational pieces that I've found throughout the next few months.  They include patterns (mostly free!!), fabrics and colors.  There are inspirational pieces from store sites and even a recipe or two...  Fall is a wonderful time of year.  Hope you enjoy!!

via design-seeds.com


Image of Sketchbook Cardigan
Sketchbook Cardigan (Free Pattern!!) via Lion Brand Yarns

fallen colors
Fallen Colors via flickr

                                                              Source: flickr.com via Allie on Pinterest


via design-seeds.com
Courtesy of Sarah Jane Studios via Sew Mama Sew

  Next month I'll be sharing some Halloween ideas both in fabrics and projects that I love, but I thought I'd start out slow...enjoy the beginning of fall.  The (hopefully sooner than later) cooler air, the Friday Night Lights and Saturday tailgates and the transition into a cozier time of year.  While I love summer and all it's lazy days, the start of school and activities means fun times together as a family and with friends, and that is hard to beat!

  Make sure to head over to Rachel's to check out everyone else's version of fall in colors and projects!!

7 comments:

  1. I love looking through design seeds! perfect color inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I'm diggin that outfit with the mustard sweater and purple pants. Makes me even sadder that my dark purple cords died last winter. Ok, must go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree! loove the rich colours of fall! that cardi looks soo cozy... also, i'm a fan of those embroidery patterns! how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Love the mocha tones...making me want to curl up with a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! What great inspiration - I think mustard yellow is the perfect fall color :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I love the clothespins & color! I linked up too at Rachel's. Nice blog you have!!
    ~Monika
    stitching in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!