Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm really glad it's Monday!

Whew!  I know it sounds weird, but last night before bed I thought "Oh, good, tomorrow is Monday.  Maybe we'll slow down a little."  Slow down on a Monday??  That's how busy our weekend was, but man, was it a good one.


Saturday morning we had Opening Ceremonies for tee-ball and then came home to finish up party decorations for Oren's birthday party that night.  We headed back to the fields for a game at 4 and then had 12 kids aged 2-8 here running through the house and outside for a few hours to celebrate my favorite boy turning 5.  I couldn't have asked for a better group of kids to celebrate with him.  Plus my Mom, Dad and brother came to stay with us too.
I didn't get a single picture during the game because I was the dugout Mom and kept score.  And I missed some great shots...next time.

Yesterday after church, we headed to the big town to meet my sister and her mother-in-law for lunch.  And then I came home and took a nap.  Chris rested for awhile, Em was busy reading and Oren looked at some books and bothered his sister a bunch, but me...out like a light!

He was so precious when we sang Happy Birthday.  He was excited and a little nervous too!
 So, today I am happy to get the house back in order from all of the fun of Saturday night, clean up my sewing room from all the rush of baby gifts (which were so cute and I forgot to take pictures of, darn!) and party projects made last week, and plan out some new projects for the month of March.

I bought a few yards of this in a few colors that I've been drooling over and can't wait to see what comes of it.  And I've got so many projects from fellow bloggers bookmarked that I've got the inspiration, I just need to get to the doing!  So, here I go.  Hopefully I'll be back in a day or so with tons of progress!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, baseball is my favorite thing about summer! :) Just a few more months for it too be warm enough here in Iowa. Happy Birthday Oren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun and busy weekend! I really love that ruffle fabric you bought :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!