Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

MIA

So, I had no plans of disappearing from cyber space for the rest of the week, but darn-it if life didn't get in the way of my sewing and blogging time.  I spent one whole day last week driving to the big city to pick up snacks for 4-6 days worth of testing.  Other Floridians will understand...the FCAT is next week and we picked up snacks for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders at our elementary school.  The FCAT is our state-mandated test to prove if kids are learning what they are supposed to be learning.  Results affect whether kids can be promoted to the next grade and the school grade which affects teacher bonuses, and possibly pay in the near future.  I will save y'all my true feelings on this test and put my soapbox away...  Back to the snacks...if you've never loaded, unloaded and then sorted almost 1900 drinks and then again that many snacks, it is tiring.  I certainly didn't need a workout that day.
  Then we've also had teeball practices and a game, spring cleaning all over the house, babysitting a friend's kids one afternoon, volunteering in Emma's class, a sick Oren who later threw up all over the backseat of my car...  See, life just got in my way!  But my kids are only little once, and I can sew when they've moved out and on with their lives, so I'm okay with that.

Anyway, first, I want to announce the winner of Tricia's rocking earrings from the giveaway...our winner is:


Follow through GFC I Heart Rock n Roll's under Lupita Soto. 
ggonzales123@gmail.com

Congratulations to Lupita!!!  I have forwarded your information on to Tricia and she'll be getting with you soon.

  And since I don't have anything crafty to show for this week I'll leave you with an idea of what I'm looking forward to making this week (hopefully) and a picture of why I don't mind being away from my sewing machine (for awhile anyway...after too long I get a little antsy and disappear into my sewing room!)

This week I have plans to start and finish this dress.  I also want to make up 2 of these glasses cases.  One for me since I always throw my sunglasses down in my purse and have to fish them out when I'm blinded by the FL sunshine, and the other for a friend's little boy who just had to get glasses.  He's 5, so I thought a cool place to put them when he's not wearing them might be better than in his backpack, on the floor, or under the bench in the dugout!  

And here's a picture of the two crazies that went swimming yesterday with their Daddy.  I, with all of my sense and wisdom, decided to sit and watch.  The water was icy cold and after maybe 10 minutes, Emma's lips were blue and both kids' teeth were just a-chattering!  They must have enjoyed it though, because the first thing they asked after church this morning was could they swim again!
Look at that eager face!

The water was so cold it literally took her breath away when she jumped in!  She thought this picture of herself was hilarious by the way!

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon and I promise I'll try to be around a little more often this week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!