Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday #17

Another Wednesday and as always, I have plenty of WIPs.  Its funny, I tend to think of myself as a one-project-at-a-time kind of girl so I don't get lost in my load and to ensure at least some projects get finished before I throw them in the WIP/UFO basket.  But, since I started keeping track of my WIPs to link up with Lee, I realized that I always have more than one thing going on.  Hmmm...too much inspiration out there in the world wide web to do one thing I guess.  :)


Before we get going on the projects...I promised to draw another winner since we haven't heard from Gayle.  Sorry, Gayle, I hate to redraw, but it's been a week and a half.  I'm sad that a few commenters were no-reply bloggers because I love to reply to comments.  If you've ever commented here and not received a reply from me...you are probably a no-reply blogger!!
  Anyway, I used old random.org again, and because I don't know how to do that cool screenshot thing, the winner is....#14--Gill from the U.K!!!  Gill, I've emailed you!


Completed Projects:
--do. Good Stitches--AGAIN...  These are done and now measure correctly and will be headed out tomorrow in the mail.  

Works in Progress:
--Fall Pops---THANK YOU to everyone who commented last week with suggestions or at least sympathy for me and my thread-breaking issue.  I bought new thread, new needles and figured out how to slow down my machine and between one of those or maybe all the crossed fingers that y'all did for me, I've got it quilted.  There will be no closeup shots of this bad boy tonight, because I chose not to rip out all of the poor stitching from before.  I debated it, but in the end, I decided that this quilt was just for our use and at this point, I'd rather have it done and on the couch than keep it in my sewing room for a few more weeks.  I can always go back and add new quilting later...


--Summer Sampler Quilt--Oh yes, I made progress on this baby last night.  With everything cut out and ready for me, my first Rocky Road to Kansas block went quickly.  Faith's directions as always were easy to follow and I think the block looks so cool.  I'm itching to go finish up the other one.  Then I've only got 1 block left (I've got to make 2 of it though) and I'm all done!!  Then I'll start figuring out how to creatively sash them since none of them ended up the same size!  ;)

Sorry for the weird coloring on this and all pics tonight.  I got home after dark and had to work with what I got... 

 --Mittens--I am making steady progress on these.  I've finished the right mitten and am ready to make the thumb gusset on the lefty. This one looks even better as far as the stitches being even and where they're supposed to be.  :)  I am getting better.  Slow steps, but progress nonetheless.  ;)

Is it just me or does the finished mitten look huge?  Because as I was knitting it up, I thought this is like a giant's mitten...but it fits me.  So I don't know if I have bigger hands than I thought or I just haven't seen that many adult mittens.  ;)
--Gator Greek Crosses-- Absolutely no progress here.  Sad...

  
Poor, lonely Unfinished Projects that have been cast aside:
--"Sent with Love" postage stamp quilt.  Just waiting on my swap blocks and this little lonely is making his way back to the WIP list!

--Mosaic Swap quilt.  Actually, I think this one needs one more row sewn on before I can quilt it.  But I haven't touched it in like 4 months, so I'm not sure on that one.  ;)

--My poor Sewing Room Sampler is moved down to the UFO list.  I will finish it, but right now, it's taking a back seat to my other projects.  


  I've got some time Thursday and Friday mornings blocked off to sew, so I'm hoping to get the binding on my Fall Pops, and as many Summer Sampler blocks sewn up as I can.  I'm ready to move some of these very slow WIPS to a completed list and get busy on some new projects!  Slow and steady might win the race, but it can be mighty boring too!  

   And as always, go check out Lee and all of the lovely quilters that link up! 




5 comments:

  1. You are so not a monogamous quilter! ;-) Your fall pops looks great & I love your summer sampler block! My ss blocks weren't all the same size either, so I framed them, then trimmed all to the same size - seemed to work well - just an idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all and those mittens are fabulous!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Summer Sampler block looks great! And I love the mittens! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects - glad the quilting on Fall Pops worked out ok in the end, that'll be finished in no time now!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!