Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A VERY delayed Thanks

Over a month ago, my new friend Shannon (we're in the do. Good Stitches Empower Group together) sent me a sweet email saying she liked my blog and was nominating me for a "Versatile Blogger" award.  I was surprised and happy and then promptly forgot about posting it here and passing it on!  Duh...



So I'm getting to that finally.  I'm going to tell you 7 random facts about me and then I'll share the bloggy love by mentioning some bloggers I think deserve this award too.  Ready, here goes:

1.  I am right handed, but only because they made me be in kindergarten.  I'm actually ambidextrous and can do almost everything almost as well left-handed.  Except brushing my teeth.  I cannot brush my teeth left handed.

2.  I hate to cut out fabric.  Sometimes I delay on starting a new project just because I hate laying out all the fabric and cutting it.  Clothing is even worse because you also have to lay out pattern pieces and cut more curves.  At least for quilts I'm usually cutting straight lines.  It's the accuracy part that I hate, that and not wanting to waste, so I try to cut things out as close to each other as possible.

3.  My first "car" was a 1996 Ford Ranger that I bought (with the help of my parents) during my freshman year of college.  I drove it until Oren was born (7 years!!).  It was manual everything and Chris barely fit in there since his legs are so long.  Needless to say...we always took his truck!  Now I have a Tahoe and we always take mine.

4.  I have a degree in Agricultural Communication from the University of Florida.  I wanted to write for an ag-based magazine.  But instead, I fell in love with a Small Town Boy and became a kindergarten teacher.  And I loved every day of it.

5.  I'm known for making desserts.  All of my friends know to ask me to bring dessert to a potluck or dinner because it's what I'd rather make and what I'm best at.  I have a HUGE sweet tooth.  ;)

6.  I LOVE to read.  I mean, like could read every day, already read most of the books I got for Christmas, will stay up half the night reading when I know I'll be exhausted tomorrow, love to read.  BUT...I won't start a new book if I know I'm busy because of what I just mentioned.  If I've got stuff I have to get done, I cannot pick up a new book.

7.  I love to run.  This fact is random only because for the first 30 years of my life, I hated running.  Like my motto could have been "I only run if someone is chasing me!" and now I love to run and do so 2-5 days a week depending on my schedule.  I'm slower than Christmas and probably look like a big goof doing it, but it makes me happy and it's good me-time with just me, my running shoes and my music blaring.

So there are 7 facts you could have probably lived the rest of your life without knowing and been okay, but since we've suffered through it, let me show you some friends of mine with awesome blogs I think you should check out.  Here are 5 of my blogging friends in no particular order:

Toni @ Hoosier Toni
Debbie @ A Quilter's Table
Mindy @ Rindy Mae
Jenny @ Seamingly Smitten
Lucy @ Charm About You

So, there you go...Thanks again to Shannon for making my day by including me in her list.  There are so many great bloggers out there and I love being a small part of this community.  Thanks for stopping by here today.  :)

p.s.  I've got the whole day to myself and there is going to be some cutting, sewing and progress made today!  I think I may be coming out of my sewing block!

6 comments:

  1. Such great randomness. Good to know I have a fellow dessert-maker out there! ;-) Is there one dessert you are particularly known for?? It's always nice to know more about each other - congrats, thanks for sharing, and thanks for the mention. So sweet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother would have been left handed but in those days they smacked her hand with a ruler every time she started to do something with her left hand! And I too will delay a project to avoid cutting. Right now I'm avoiding the pieces for my Single Girl...I think I'm about to cave though...I'm really itchin' to get started on that one!! Ok, I'm off to check out those blogs you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great facts!!! So hilarious that you can't brush your teeth with your left hand - you must practice!! hahaha! I love reading too, any recommendations for me? Thanks for the shout out and hope you made lots of progress :) Happy cutting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I love nominations, but I forget to return the favor for a while too. Hope you get lots of work done. I'll be making some new shampoo loaves today when the twins nap. Mmmmmm...Vanilla Pear! One of my faves ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I've probably said this a thousand times, but I LOVE reading little tidbits about bloggers like this. It's so fun to know more about the person behind the posts.
    Thank you so much for including little ol' me on your list. I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I'll take it anyway! :o)
    Hope you caught up on some more sleep - enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, Kelli! So many of these could be about me, too! Well, except the running one unfortunately! It is always so fun to read these random little tidbits about other people. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!