Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What happened to Wednesday?


Hey everyone!  Sorry I missed posting yesterday for WIP Wednesday.  I volunteered in the morning and then since it was another early release from school (they got out at 11:45), we took an impromptu trip to the big city to go to JoAnn.  I needed some knit fabric for a project I'm doing later today and I bribed them with a trip to TCBY if they'd go with me.  ;)

I went for 2 yards of knit and came out with about 12 yards of knits, jerseys, quilting cottons and some new knitting needles.  AAAAHHH!  Oh well, if everything I bought works out, I've just outfitted Emma and I with quite the new spring/summer dress wardrobe!

Then when we got home, I threw it all in the wash and went out to spend some time in our 80 degree weather playing teeball in the back yard.  Don't hate me if you're covered in snow right now!  Just think, if it's already 80 here...what will it be like in June?  Of course, we'll have a few more cold snaps and probably another freeze or two, but winter here is a short affair.  As is spring and fall.  But we get a LOT of summer!  ;)

So...all of the projects I was going to blog about and take pictures of yesterday are still where they were then...in holding!

But, I'm just about to get busy (after spending 3 hours this morning cleaning Emma's room!!!  Man, that girl holds on to some stuff!).  I've got quite a few things I'd like to get going on, and hopefully a couple of things will get done.  And then, instead of WIP Wednesday, I could actually do a Finished Friday post!!  Imagine that.

Here's to some finishes.  Hope you're having a great Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Your JoAnn's trip sounds like mine usually do. You know what goes well with all those knits? Your serger!! I just took my first lesson today so I'm prepared to teach you all about it! Hardly. And yes, I'm totally jealous of your weather. Can't wait to see what you do with all your fun new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooooooooooooooove Joann - we had a small store about 45 minutes from us in VA, then moving to MO, we live just down the street from a GIANT one. The week we moved here I spent a few hours looking around and buying all sorts of random things, like edible glitter. Don't know what I'm going to use that for yet.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!